Monday 9 February 2015

SUMMER

So it's been a while since I've posted on here. I had a very busy Summer and now I'm back at uni and it's all very busy again. All very stressful as per usual. 


Anyway I thought I would talk to you a bit about my work experience this Summer. I volunteered on two festivals. One was called the HD Festival. It's a house and dance festival and I volunteered with The University of Kent and Boxcat Productions. I helped with the lighting, the setup of the festival and the overall maintenance too. Here are some snaps;

The second festival I worked on was Reading Festival. I applied through Oxfam which was actually really nice because it meant that I got to go to the festival for free and also raised money for Oxfam as well. I stewarded the Festival Republic stage which is where a lot of upcoming bands festure (and you know I like my music) so was really nice to see some different bands and also get to be there for free (stingy student). Some of the bands that I got to see that I've actually started listening to are; Hozier, Hudson Taylor and Saint Raymond. It was really nice seeing some different bands too. When I wasn't working I got to do whatever so I still got to see the majority of bands that I wanted to. I majorly wanted to see A Day To Remember!! And I did get to see them, amazing as usual but then.. I also met them!!!! I can't even tell you how that felt! Some other really great bands that I saw were; Paramore, Blink 182, SBTRKT, Jamie T, Vampire Weekend, Macklemore and Ryan Lewis, Netsky and Arctic Monkeys. 




Had such a brilliant Summer!! I also went to Tenerife with Lauren! Brilliant Summer! I think another festival should be booked soon! This has made me miss them all way too much!

X

No comments:

Post a Comment